Monday, April 4, 2011

ketosis

The plan is for the next six weeks cycle my body through ketosis. Ketosis, as I understand it, is the state of being when your body burns fat for fuel instead of carbs. There are many great articles written about it that can explain it a lot better than I can. Here is my favorite so far.  Anyways, its very similiar to the Atkins diet, with a few changes here and there to fit my needs. But, holy crap does it work. It sounds fun too. Eat a lot of fat and loose weight. OK! But the reality is that my total calories haven't gone up, and since I'm eating much higher value foods, it means the amount of food has gone down. so...it might be fun to have two eggs and two sausage links for breakfast...but my lunch of one can of tuna and one tbsp of mayo leaves a bit to be desired. But I'm dropping weight like crazy again. Which is good, because in the few days that I was off of the plan I gained a crap ton of weight. I know most of it was water weight from right after the show but still it is scary to see the scale jump up twenty pounds in two days. Plus, I just felt gross in my own skin. Like I was bloated against myself. I told Darin about this feeling and he said its normal, mainly because I was really bloated. My muscles were retaining every carb and every ounce of water I was putting back into my body. But since being on this new diet I've dropped back down to 172- which is still about ten pounds heavier than I was at the show, but I'm sure it'll come off. So anyways, I'm doing three low carb days followed by one high carb day, then two low carb, one high and that's what I'm doing for three weeks. Then I have my keto run which is 14 days of low/no carbs. whoa. and then peak week right before the show. This is officially phase two of the science experiment on my body.

chicken news: two weeks until hatching!

cabin news: the cabinets are in place, trim is painted and hung, upstairs bathroom is ready to be painted. its coming together quite nicely. you should all come and visit. book it.

No comments:

Post a Comment