Thursday, February 24, 2011

i've got flare!

The other day I was at the gym and so was Darin, my trainer. He was working out but he stopped and we worked on the relaxed pose for quite some time. Good news, I finally got my lats to flare! I'm not sure if I can replicate that movement again, but at least I've done it a couple times. It is a crazy sensation to be trying so hard to do something, and see nothing noticeable happen then all of a sudden Darin will say- oh, there it is, that's great! and then I look and try to get that muscle memory of what that feels like, shake it off and do the exact same thing, and Darin says- no, that's terrible. (in much kinder words, but the meaning is still the same). If I had to explain it you tilt your chest way up, pinch your elbows way back, breathe in big, bring your shoulders down and out, but not too far either way or its ruined. And relax your hands, and smile, and flex your abs and legs. and don't forget to breathe really shallow breathes so that you can maintain that without passing out. all while wearing a teeny tiny bikini. no pressure. and that's the RELAXED pose?!? I could teach the body builders a thing or two about relaxing. 1. put on sweatpants 2. sit in recliner 3. drink a cold beer 4. repeat step three as many times as necessary. now that's relaxing.
Every day I sit on the floor at work and recently my butt has been hurting, so much that it prompted me to drop my pants and check things out back there in the mirror. I was sure I must have a bruise or something, but instead I saw nothing noticeably wrong. My conclusion is that I have lost all of my padding and now something as simple as sitting on the floor is no longer comfortable. I also think that skinny people are not meant for Alaska's weather. I am effected by the cold much more now, than I was with fat on me. Going outside is downright painful. No wonder skinny people are cranky. On top of being hungry, their butt hurts and they're freezing to death. My dad once told me its better to be fat and happy than skinny and pissed. I think he's right.

fat test tomorrow. my last one was jan. 25 and I was 13.84% I think. 13 point something anyway. Lets see what I did this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment