Wednesday, February 2, 2011

posing lesson 1

Yesterday was my first posing lesson. There are five mandatory poses that women do. Front double biceps, side triceps, side chest, back double biceps, and front ab and thigh. I pretty much suck at all of them. I went to Darins studio, stripped down to my swim suit, and attempted to make my muscles cooperate. I think I now understand what it would be like to be paralyzed. My brain was telling my muscles to flex, but nothing was happening. I know I have lats. I can see them in the gym. But on my own, I cannot flare them out...yet. I'll learn. I'll learn how to do all of them. But holy moly, there is so much to remember for every pose. where to put your feet, your hands, what to do with your legs, where your shoulders go, which one goes up, suck in your abs,raise this hip, squeeze your legs together, pull that arm in,  flex this, relax that, look here, then there, smile, flex, don't panic, and lastly, breathe. I left the session feeling like crap. My legs have a long ways to go, there is relatively no definition there. And my upper body- which has definition- won't cooperate. I couldn't figure out how to make things move and flex the way I wanted them to. I don't like not being good at things immediately so this is a struggle. AND Darin through out the number 8% for where I'm headed. I can't imagine dropping that low. I can't seem to budge off of 175 pounds, but hopefully the composition of my body is changing even if I'm not loosing weight. per se. I'm hanging in there with the double cardio. But just barely. I did feel pretty motivated yesterday after seeing the lack of definition in my legs. But comparing any of my body parts to Darins is pretty humbling. Maybe I just need a fat ugly trainer to help me feel good about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment