Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm average!

After two weeks of following the diet and working out like a mad man- sticking to Darin's plan- I have lost 2.8% body fat. Bringing me to 25% body fat. This may not seem like a reason to celebrate for most people, but I've always been in the obese column on height/weight charts so when I found out that my starting body fat was only above average fat I felt pretty good. Now that I'm down to 25% fat I fall into the average fat range. Just barely, but hey, I'm average! The workouts have been going really good. I'm nervous about the changes that Darin made for me, but I'm sure after a couple time I'll have the hang of the new exercises down pat. I've been running 6 days a week and I can even tell that I'm getting faster on the treadmill. Another small victory: I'm running 60 minutes at 6.2 mph and am not terribly winded or struggling. I'm going to keep slowly creeping that number up. Can you imagine ever being  able to sustain 7mph for 60 minutes. I can't. But I'm going to keep trying.
The scale hasn't budged in four days. I'm stuck on 199.2. Which is far too close to 200 for my comfort. I would really like to see a drop in numbers here soon. But I realize muscle weighs more....blah, blah, blah. So , yes of course I'd rather be dense and compact than fat and big, but can't the numbers go down just a lil. I'm busting my butt here. At first the scale was going down like crazy. I want that to happen again. I'm just palying the waiting game with my body, I know here any day there will be a big drop in numbers. I just have to hang in there. And I think I can. I think I'm going to be good at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment