Tuesday, November 23, 2010

super sets super suck

Holy cow, super sets kill me. Darin has me working out in super sets, which is doing two exercises of opposing muscles back to back, with minimal rest. Now, I thought it was supposed to be working the same muscle groups back to back to be called a super set. But for my purposes at this time- it is not. I used to like lower body days and dread upper body days. Now it is kind of a crap shoot. They both are exhausting. The only good thing about upper body days is that my legs get a bit of a rest in the evening, making the next mornings jog a bit easier. I'm up to running the first 20 minutes at 6.1, the next 20 at 6.2 and then I go in five minute intervals 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, and for the last five minutes I go up every minute. So by the end I am literally dying. But I'm learning to run fast. I hope. Darin said two of my cardio's need to be high intensity. I feel that everything I do is high intensity, so I'm having a hard time deciding which two to label as such. I'm guessing, Gina's spin class on Friday is high intensity and then that leaves my Saturday skate skiing? or daily 6 miles? I'm not sure.

I'm having some picture difficulties. I'm ready to post some progress pictures, but this darn thing won't let me. I'll keep working on it.  I've officially been on "the diet" for 20 days. I've lost weight, inches, and body fat. Yay! Turns out, I was in denial about the actual amount of exercise I was doing, and about the amount of calories I was putting in my mouth. I am finding the diet the easiest part to stick to. It is very regimented and I thrive on structure. And I'm getting results. So, super sets may super suck, but as long as the numbers and fat keep dropping, I can handle it. schweat on my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment