Tuesday, January 4, 2011

leftover benders

I made it through the holidays relatively successfully. I stuck to my plan on Christmas. I ate normal food, combined with my protein shakes and really watched my portion sizes. And then the day after Christmas....sigh. I took a few things of leftovers from both of the places I went to and left them in my fridge. Well....I ate them all in about 20 minutes. It was AWESOME! Let me just brag for a second the quantity that I consumed. I had two really big pieces of this yummy egg bake, a ziplock baggie of turkey and a few pieces of ham, and then all hell broke loose when I ate- no joke- 3/4ths a circle of monkey bread. It was nuts. I just couldn't stop. It wasn't that I was hungry, it was just poor timing. I can't be left alone with all that food. What's a girl to do. So, almost immediately after eating it I felt really sick. My stomach was not happy with me. I thought drinking a lot of water would help. Wrong-o. That made it worse. So I went to yoga class, and felt super sick there. I know my mom is going to think I'm bulimic after reading this- and I swear I'm not- gross. But I did get sick after yoga. It didn't help though. I still felt like crap. I didn't really learn a lesson. I'd do it all again in a heart beat. But since then I've been pretty good. It was hard to stick to the diet without work to fill in the time gaps between meals. I'm actually glad winter break is over. Its easier to stick to the plan when I'm super busy. However, all the naps throughout the day were marvelous. Muscles grow when you're resting was my mantra.
New Years Eve: I did eat a normal dinner and had a few drinks. Nothing too excessive. just enough to have a good time.
Workouts: Things are going great in the gym. I'm noticing lots of gains strengthwise. I'm lifting more in almost every muscle group. My legs are getting ripped. I can leg press 670 pounds and that was my third set of 8. I have no idea what my max would be. But I feel like its safe to assume if a small car falls on you, I will be able to leg press it off. Unless, I already did my workout that morning. My shoulders have really nice definition. You can already see the seperation of the three muscle heads on top of my arms.  My biceps though....not much going on there. I'm not really much stronger doing a bicep curl now, than I was two months ago. I'm not sure why that muscle group is on strike, but it's frustrating.
Peter Pan: practices are starting up this month pretty hard core. It is going to be challenging to maintain my diet and workout schedule, but I'll figure it out. I'm the crocodile and Nana the dog. I'm super excited.
Random question from my mom this week: "are you using needles? You aren't doing steroids are you?" No mom. I'm all natural...except my tan. But I live in Alaska so you'll have to cut me some slack there. "did you get married?" ummm, no. wait I mean yeah sure- send cash gifts to my po box. :) I know its her job to worry. but these were too funny not to share. Don't worry Mom, I'm healthy and happy- and drug free. well, except the cocaine. Did you know there are no calories in cocaine? Juuust kidding!!! I'll get some pictures up later, and also some measurement changes. I've been doing that twice a month and the progress is pretty rad.
I can't wait to see an ab. I'm really close. I think for my birthday I'm going to have abs. well at least one. If all else fails I'll draw them on. That counts right?

schweat on my friends.
kimout.

No comments:

Post a Comment