Friday, January 7, 2011

small celebration

I weighed in at 178.2 this morning. I think every crossing into a new tens digit place is worthy of celebrating. I can't even tell you the last time I was in the 170's. High school? Running is going well for me. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. I still hate the elliptical, but I view it more as a warm up. I usually get to the gym at 5. And it takes me at least 15 minutes to even warm up and feel like my legs are awake. And then the good news is that I only have 15 minutes left on the dumb machine. My foot is still a little sore, but nothing like before. Phew. I take an aleve when I wake up to help, but honestly I don't really think it does anything. I would probably feel just the same taking a placebo.
My new find is a little amino acid called glutamine. I don't know much about amino acids, but I do know that this is one that has been recommended to aide in recovery. Its given regularly to burn victims to help with tissue growth. So I thought, what the heck, I'll add it to my plan. I bought a little bag of glutamine chews and have been eating one a day after I run and before I lift for a week. I am happy to say that I am noticeably less sore. Now, this again may be all mental. But at this point I'm a little mental so it all works out.
Also, strawberry protein shakes.....blah. Not as bad as banana, but not something I look forward to. I think I should avoid fruit from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment